Are you Preparing Your Vehicle for Lease End or Trade in your car? Whether you’re excited to be done with your current vehicle or a little sad to see it go, there’s a lot of work to do before handing it over. In this blog post, we’ll detail everything you need to do to prepare your car for lease end or trade.
1. Detail the Car – This means cleaning every nook and cranny, inside and out. Don’t forget to scrub the wheels and tires, too.
2. Repair Scratches and Dents – If the car has any scratches or dents, you’ll need to repair them. A mobile repair service such as Colors On Parade can perform the repairs wherever you need – at home or at work.
3. Headlight Restoration – Over time, your headlights can become cloudy, yellowed and scratched. A professional headlight restoration service can restore headlights to like-new condition and help you get more for your trade.
4. Remove Personal Belongings- Now is the time to remove your personal belongings from the car. This includes anything from CDs to sunglasses to spare change. Be sure to clean out the glove compartment and center console, too.
5. Bring Important Paperwork – Make sure to bring all the important paperwork with you when you go to trade in your car or turn it in at lease end. This includes your lease agreement, registration, proof of insurance, and any service records.
6. Determine Value – Before going to trade in your car, it’s important to know its value. Sites like Kelley Blue Book can help you determine the fair market value of your car. Armed with this information, you’ll be able to negotiate a better deal with the dealership.
Preparing for the end of your lease or trading in your vehicle doesn’t need to be stressful. Follow these 6 tips for preparing your vehicle for lease end or trade to make sure you have all of your bases covered. It also helps ensure you get the max amount you can possibly get for your vehicle.